Data related to the Housing repairs online service ("the website") is processed for London Borough of Redbridge Council, Lynton House, 255 - 259 High Road, Ilford, IG1 1NY (the "Data Controller", "We", "Our", "Us"). The Data Controller may collect personal and non-personal information or data about you when you use this website or the services available from this website, and both the Data Controller and any authorised Data Processors (see "Data Sharing Agreements" below) are committed to protecting and respecting your data privacy.
Personal data we collect
To use the Housing Repairs Service, We may need your personal information, including your name, address, email address, phone number and mobile number if you provide it to Us. We will also collect technical information such as your IP address, and details of which version of the web browser you use, which web pages you visit within the Housing Repairs Service and how you interact with the service. We will not collect any personal data which is not necessary for you to benefit from using our Housing Repairs Service.
Sensitive personal data
The UK Data Protection Act 2018 specifies a set of personal data categories which are considered to be “sensitive”, and which require special consideration by Data Controllers. This website, and any services available from this website, do not knowingly collect or process any sensitive personal data. If you become aware of any sensitive personal data which has been submitted using the Housing Repairs Service, please contact the Data Controller immediately so that appropriate action can be taken.
Children’s personal data
This website, and any services available from this website, are not directed to children under the age of 16. If you become aware of any children’s personal data which has been submitted using the Housing Repairs Service, please contact the Data Controller immediately so that appropriate action can be taken.
Where we process and store this information
We will securely store your personal data on secure servers, located within the UK and the European Union (see Data Sharing Agreements section below). By using this Housing Repairs Service, you are providing your consent to this. Both the Data Processor and any sub-processors used are subject to industry standard due diligence, including information security and data protection commitments, and the deployment of technical controls to safeguard information and enable the highest possible levels of data privacy.
Transmitting information over public internet connections is not secure, and the Data Controller cannot guarantee or be held responsible for the security of personal data you provide to Us until the point at which it is securely stored within Our systems. Any personal data you transmit is at your own risk. Your personal data provided into the Housing Repairs Services will be retained for a period of six years following the end of your tenancy. After this period, the personal data will be securely and permanently deleted, unless:
Your personal data provided into the Housing Repairs Services will be retained for a period of six years following the end of your tenancy. After this period, the personal data will be securely and permanently deleted, unless:
- You have provided Us with your consent for it to be retained for a longer period, or
- You have already requested that We delete your personal data, and We have accepted and confirmed the completion of your request
- There are legal reasons why your personal data needs to be retained for a longer period, and We have notified you of this
Data sharing agreements
The Data Controller uses the following Data Processors to help deliver the Housing Repairs Service, and confirms that each is subject to formal contractual agreements to ensure the security and privacy of data which is collected, processed and stored by the service:
- Made Tech Ltd of 4, O’Meara Street, London, SE1 1TE UK. Made Tech provides and maintains Housing Repairs Service (software) on Our behalf. They act as a Data Processor, and are registered with the ICO (registration number ZA490749). Made Tech’s services are delivered from the United Kingdom only.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) - selected and used by Made Tech for the secure deployment and hosting of their cloud services, and who in turn process personal data under Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) which are acceptable under the UK Data Protection Act 2018. Data is stored within the UK in AWS’s European Region (London) .
- Google Analytics - selected and used by Made Tech for the analysis of user behaviour and who in turn process personal data under Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) which are acceptable under the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
- Mears Group PLC - Deliver housing, housing management, care and other services on behalf of London Borough of Redbridge Council
We will not share your personal information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, or with any other websites without having your prior and express consent for Us to do so.
How we use your personal data
We will collect and use your personal data and related technical data to:
- Enable you to use the Housing Repairs Service, for the purposes of repairing, maintaining and adapting your property.
- Respond to any questions, enquiries or feedback you may send to Us in relation to the Housing Repairs Service.
- Complying with Our legislative and regulatory obligations.
- Tracking expenditure and checking the quality of our Housing Repairs Service.
- To train and manage the employment of our personnel who deliver the Housing Repairs Service for you.
Legal basis for processing personal data
Under the UK Data Protection Act of 2018, we are required to confirm the “legal bases” for the processing of your personal data. These are as follows:
- Delivery of a Contract with the Data Subject: where We have a contract in place with you (e.g. a tenancy agreement) which includes Our responsibilities for the management of housing repairs.
- Consent: if you have provided Us with your consent to process and store your personal data for specific purposes. You have the right to amend or withdraw your consent at any time - see “Your Rights” section below.
- Legitimate Interest: We have a legitimate interest in helping ensure that We deliver accurate content and secure services which are valuable to Our users.
We do not share your personal information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, or with any other websites without having your prior and express consent to do so.
Under the UK Data Protection Act 2018 you have a number of important rights which can be exercised free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Require Us to correct any mistakes or correct any omissions in any of the personal information which We hold.
- Require the erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a commonly used format and have the right to transmit such data to a third party in certain circumstances.
- Object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing activities (note: We do not use your personal data for marketing purposes)
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means (where applicable) which could produce legal effects concerning or affecting you.
- Object in certain specific situations to the continued processing of your personal data by the Data Controller.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please see guidance on the ICO website (www.ico.org.uk)
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Contact the Data Controller’s Data Protection Officer, using the contact details below.
- Provide Us with sufficient information to properly identify you.
- Provide Us with proof of your identity/address, when we request it.
- Provide Us with the specific information to which your request relates.
How to complain
We trust that We will be able to promptly resolve any query or privacy concern you raise about Our use of your personal information whilst using Our Housing Repairs Service. See the “Contacting Us” section below if you would like to get in touch. The UK Data Protection Act 2018 also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who may be contacted at http://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by telephone on 0303 123 1113. Please note that the ICO will not progress a complaint until you have given Us an opportunity to investigate and resolve your concerns.
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Data Protection Officer
c/o Information Governance Team
8th Floor Rear
255-259 High Road
Ilford, Essex IG1 1NY
This version last updated: 06/02/2023